Listed below are some featured clubs that are of interest to Biology students.
1. Alpha Epsilon Delta: AED is affiliated with the American Association for the Advancement of Science and is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies. The mission of the Society is to encourage and recognize excellence in premedical scholarship; to stimulate an appreciation of the importance of premedical education; to promote communication between medical and premedical students and educators; to provide a forum for students with common interests; and to use its resources to benefit health organizations, charities and the community.
2. Pre-Dental Society: The Pre-Dental Society is committed to introducing students to dentistry and the dental admissions process through events and activities that may help further students’ goals in pursuing a career in dentistry.
3. Pre-Veterinary Society: The Pre-Veterinary Club is a group created to help pre-veterinary students gain experience and knowledge needed to apply to veterinary school.
4. Pre-Pharmacy Honor Society: Pi Phi Sigma is an organization for all students interested in pursuing a career in pharmaceuticals or simples interested in learning what pharmacists do as a career.
5. Pre-Optometry Club: The Pre-Optometry Club helps to promote further education, awareness, and networking between the GMU community and the various professionals in field of Optometry.
6. GMU Bird Club: The GMU-BC is dedicated to fostering an appreciation of birds and their habitats through student involvement in research and education.
https://www.facebook.com/georgemasonbirdclub (Facebook account required)
7. American Society for Microbiology: Advancement of microbiological studies
8. The Biology Club: The organization fosters student development through extracurricular activities and peer leaderships.