Biology DOES NOT take Walk in Appointments! All advising by appointment only.
To make an appointment, click the image above or go to https://gmu.campus.eab.com/ to access GMU SSC Campus. Login with your GMU NetID and Password.
During peak advising periods, appointment times are at a premium. If you are more than 10 minutes late, there is no guarantee that you will be seen.
For questions, configuration concerns, and feedback on your user experience, please contact SSCHelp@gmu.edu.
If you encounter difficulties accessing any of the resources offered through this office, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Exploratory Hall, Rm 1200 between 9:00-4:00pm, Monday – Friday.
For more information about Mason’s commitment to accessibility, please visit Accessibility@Mason.
Be prepared to discuss and explore course options, address academic concerns, and make decisions about the upcoming semester. It’s helpful to review your course options for the next semester and make a list of those that interest you. Please review your Degree Evaluation in PatriotWeb.
If you need to cancel/reschedule an appointment, cancel/reschedule your appointment through the online system (see your confirmation email for the link).
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
This is a federal law that gives protection to student educational records and provides students with certain rights. See more information at the Office of the Registrar’s website.
HINTS AND TIPS
If you have questions, read our Advising FAQ, a comprehensive guide written by a Biology advisor and likely to be the fastest way to answer your question.
The GMU Academic Advising Center website is very helpful as a starting point.
Also visit the GMU Health Professions Advising website if you are interested in health professions.
Prospective students looking for more information about our Biology department, facilities, and/or general Biology questions should contact email@example.com for more information.
***Online Advising is being modified for the new SSC scheduling system. Please check back for availability.
Online advising is now available on a limited basis through Blackboard. You MUST be a declared biology major to access this feature. If you are a declared major as of Fall 2016 you should have access to advising via your organization tab on blackboard. If you are a declared major but do not see this feature you must first see an adviser in person.
In addition to online advising this site has links for job, research, internships and much more. Please take some time to look under the content link!
Making an appointment:
You may make an appointment the same way as an in-person appointment. These appointments will be via live chat. You may change or cancel these appointments up to 24 hours prior to the appointment. **An advisor will only wait ten minutes for you to enter the online chat and then they will log off. Please be on time.
How to find the live chat appointment:
- Login to blackboard
- Look to the top right, and select the “Organizations” link
- Look under My Organizations (center of the page) and select Biology Undergraduate Advising
- If you do not see this link you must first make an in person advising appointment (please cancel the online advising appointment until then)
- To the left of the page, choose “Tools”
- Scroll down and then select “Blackboard Collaborate Ultra”
- Look for the link with your advisors name on it.
- Once linked to collaborate, click on the purple tab with arrows on it on the bottom right.
- This will link you into a live chat. At the time of your appointment your advisor will move you to a breakout room. This is a private chat room. Please be patient, your advisor may be finishing a chat with another student.