9th Annual College of Science Undergraduate Research Colloquium
Posted: February 27, 2019 at 5:37 pm
ATTENTION UNDERGRADUATES AND FACULTY MENTORS
PLEASE SEE THE ANNOUNCEMENT BELOW
On behalf of the College of Science and STEM Accelerator, I am pleased to announce the Call for Posters for the 9th Annual College of Science Undergraduate Research Colloquium. The purpose of this event is to showcase the variety of undergraduate research projects in the College. This year’s event will feature a student poster session, catered reception and awards.
Location: Center for the Arts Lobby
Date: April 25, 2019
If you are a student engaged in undergraduate research at any level in any academic unit within the College of Science you are encouraged to participate. Presenting your research is a terrific addition to your resume!
*New this year* Nominate your faculty mentor for the COS Mentor of Excellence Award! When submitting your abstract, you can enter your faculty mentor’s name and respond to a question about your nomination. Faculty awards will be given with the student awards at the Colloquium on April 25th.
You can register to present at the Undergraduate Research Colloquium on the event website: https://cos.gmu.edu/stem/COSURC. Deadline for abstract submission is March 29, 2019. We have an easy to use poster template on the event site and the College of Science will cover the cost of printing your poster for you with timely submission. Posters used at other earlier conferences or events (e.g. NCUR) are also welcome; just email me at email@example.com to request an exception.
We look forward to your submission!
Rebecca M. Jones, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
STEM Accelerator, College of Science
- Spotlight: Pre-Med student receives prestigious Barry Goldwater scholarship; best student poster presentation award at 2019 VAS Annual Meeting May 29, 2019
- 2019 Awards Ceremony May 22, 2019
- ESP Graduate Students Are Awarded Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Fellowships April 26, 2019
- College of Science Scholarship Opportunities – Apply Now March 6, 2019
- 9th Annual College of Science Undergraduate Research Colloquium February 27, 2019
- 5th Annual Science Slam 2018-19 November 7, 2018