Application window for the Fall 2017 semester at the SMSC is now open
Posted: April 5, 2017 at 7:50 pm, Last Updated: April 17, 2017 at 7:20 pm
We are now accepting applications for the fall 2017 semester at the Smithsonian-Mason School of Conservation. We offer three residential programs for undergraduates and recent graduates committed to the study of conservation. Students can take one program of study or all three.
Conservation, Biodiversity and Society
Explore hands-on ways that science, management and policy address current conservation issues in and out of the field
Wildlife Ecology and Conservation
Apply cutting-edge field techniques to survey species in the wild and investigate ecological patterns and processes from local to global scales
Endangered Species Conservation
Evaluate vulnerabilities of small populations and develop successful conservation actions to save them from extinction
- Programs are located at the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute in Front Royal, Virginia.
- Open to students from any accredited college/university who have a desire to learn about conservation in a living learning community.
- Scholarships and financial aid are available – go to the Scholarships page on this website
- 5th Annual Science Slam 2018-19 November 7, 2018
- BIOLOGY TELEPHONE OUTAGE – OCTOBER 15th October 15, 2018
- 2018 Biology Research Celebration- November 29th at the Center for the Arts October 4, 2018
- Who are the Biology Advisors? October 3, 2018
- 2018 Awards Ceremony Photo Gallery May 23, 2018
- Summer Advising: Walk-ins and Appointments May 21, 2018