Application window for the Fall 2017 semester at the SMSC is now open
Posted: April 5, 2017 at 7:50 pm, Last Updated: April 17, 2017 at 7:20 pm
We are now accepting applications for the fall 2017 semester at the Smithsonian-Mason School of Conservation. We offer three residential programs for undergraduates and recent graduates committed to the study of conservation. Students can take one program of study or all three.
Conservation, Biodiversity and Society
Explore hands-on ways that science, management and policy address current conservation issues in and out of the field
Wildlife Ecology and Conservation
Apply cutting-edge field techniques to survey species in the wild and investigate ecological patterns and processes from local to global scales
Endangered Species Conservation
Evaluate vulnerabilities of small populations and develop successful conservation actions to save them from extinction
- Programs are located at the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute in Front Royal, Virginia.
- Open to students from any accredited college/university who have a desire to learn about conservation in a living learning community.
- Scholarships and financial aid are available – go to the Scholarships page on this website
- 2020 Smithsonian Mason School of Conservation (SMSC) Slideshow January 29, 2020
- Event: Research Semester Poster Presentations November 11, 2019
- Spotlight: Pre-Med student receives prestigious Barry Goldwater scholarship; best student poster presentation award at 2019 VAS Annual Meeting May 29, 2019
- 2019 Awards Ceremony May 22, 2019
- ESP Graduate Students Are Awarded Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Fellowships April 26, 2019
- College of Science Scholarship Opportunities – Apply Now March 6, 2019