How to Access Your Online Advising Appointment
Posted: January 20, 2017 at 9:03 am, Last Updated: March 31, 2017 at 8:38 pm
There have been some updates on how to access you Online Advising appointment. See below for instructions.
To make an appointment, check out the Appointment Scheduling page!
You MUST be a declared biology major to access this feature! If you are a declared major but do not see this feature you must first see an adviser in person.
How to find the live chat appointment:
- Login to blackboard
- Look to the top right, and select the “Organizations” link
- Look under My Organizations (center of the page) and select Biology Undergraduate Advising
- If you do not see this link you must first make an in person advising appointment (please cancel the online advising appointment until then)
- To the left of the page, choose “Tools”
- Scroll down and then select “Blackboard Collaborate Ultra”
- Look for the link with your advisors name on it.
- Once linked to collaborate, click on the purple tab with arrows on it on the bottom right.
- This will link you into a live chat. At the time of your appointment your advisor will move you to a breakout room. This is a private chat room. Please be patient, your advisor may be finishing a chat with another student.
- 2020 Smithsonian Mason School of Conservation (SMSC) Slideshow January 29, 2020
- Event: Research Semester Poster Presentations November 11, 2019
- Spotlight: Pre-Med student receives prestigious Barry Goldwater scholarship; best student poster presentation award at 2019 VAS Annual Meeting May 29, 2019
- 2019 Awards Ceremony May 22, 2019
- ESP Graduate Students Are Awarded Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Fellowships April 26, 2019
- College of Science Scholarship Opportunities – Apply Now March 6, 2019