Position Announcement for Dr. Luther’s Research Lab – 2 vacancies
Posted: August 25, 2015 at 7:41 pm
Position Announcement: Research technician for animal communication projects
We are seeking 2 students to work on research projects focused on the ecology and evolution of acoustic communication. The work will be part time, 10 hours per week, for the fall semester of 2015. Successful applicants will use sound analysis software to identify, catalogue, and measure features of animal vocalizations. The data will be used to address research questions related to the effects of human caused noise on animal behavior and the communication strategies of animals in noisy environments.
Research will take place in Dr. Luther’s lab in the Biology Department and be part of a larger collaborative project with researchers from Tulane University and the Smithsonian Institution. Applicants should be able to organize information and have strong excel skills as well as communication skills. Students will be expected to work 10hrs per week during the fall semester. The pay rate is $10/hr.
Send a cover letter, CV, and list of 3 references to Dr. David Luther at firstname.lastname@example.org, by September 7, 2015. Work will begin by September 15, 2015 and end on Dec 1, 2015, with the potential for contract renewal in the spring and summer of 2016.
- 2020 Smithsonian Mason School of Conservation (SMSC) Slideshow January 29, 2020
- Event: Research Semester Poster Presentations November 11, 2019
- Spotlight: Pre-Med student receives prestigious Barry Goldwater scholarship; best student poster presentation award at 2019 VAS Annual Meeting May 29, 2019
- 2019 Awards Ceremony May 22, 2019
- ESP Graduate Students Are Awarded Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Fellowships April 26, 2019
- College of Science Scholarship Opportunities – Apply Now March 6, 2019