Important Course Requirement Information For All Biology Majors
Posted: April 6, 2015 at 12:53 pm, Last Updated: August 21, 2015 at 1:09 am
Biodiversity, the five credit core course required of all Biology majors, has changed.
BIOL 310 is now the three credit lecture section.
The lab/recitation is now a separate course, BIOL 330.
Both of these courses are required for the BA and BS degrees in Biology.
To graduate, you must have a C or better in both 310 and 330. The first time you register for Biodiversity, you must register for 310 and 330, which are co-requisites.
In the future, if you receive a grade of C or better in 330 (lab/recitation), but need to repeat 310 (lecture) because you earned a grade below a C, you will not be required to take 330 a second time. The reverse is also true, though much less likely. That is, if you have a grade of C or better in 310, you may repeat 330, if necessary, without repeating 310.
However, remember that the first time you register for 310, you must also register for 330. Do not repeat either 310 or 330 if you have earned a C or better.
- 2020 Smithsonian Mason School of Conservation (SMSC) Slideshow January 29, 2020
- Event: Research Semester Poster Presentations November 11, 2019
- Spotlight: Pre-Med student receives prestigious Barry Goldwater scholarship; best student poster presentation award at 2019 VAS Annual Meeting May 29, 2019
- 2019 Awards Ceremony May 22, 2019
- ESP Graduate Students Are Awarded Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Fellowships April 26, 2019
- College of Science Scholarship Opportunities – Apply Now March 6, 2019