Dr. Andrea Weeks awarded an NSF dissertation improvement grant
Posted: February 13, 2015 at 6:55 pm, Last Updated: February 13, 2015 at 7:03 pm
Dr. Andrea Weeks of the Department of Biology has been awarded an NSF Dissertation Improvement Grant to support the doctoral dissertation of Ms. Mirian Tieko Nunes Tsuchiya. Mirian is a Ph.D. student in the Environmental Science and Policy Department. Her research is entitled:
Reassessing the role of the Great American Biotic Interchange in the evolution of the raccoon family: early immigrants, museomics and biogeographic modeling
The award is for 24 months for a total budget of $16,549, and has a start date of 06/01/2015.
For more details, read about NSF’s Doctoral Dissertation Improvement Grants in the Directorate for Biological Sciences (DDIG).
- 2020 Smithsonian Mason School of Conservation (SMSC) Slideshow January 29, 2020
- Event: Research Semester Poster Presentations November 11, 2019
- Spotlight: Pre-Med student receives prestigious Barry Goldwater scholarship; best student poster presentation award at 2019 VAS Annual Meeting May 29, 2019
- 2019 Awards Ceremony May 22, 2019
- ESP Graduate Students Are Awarded Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Fellowships April 26, 2019
- College of Science Scholarship Opportunities – Apply Now March 6, 2019