Claudette Davis selected for 2014-15 ASM-NSF Biology Scholars Program Transitions Residency
Posted: September 3, 2014 at 7:13 pm
Congratulations are in order for Biology faculty Dr. Claudette Davis, who was selected as one of six biologists to participate in the 2014-2015 ASM-NSF Biology Scholars Program Transitions Residency.
As a national leadership initiative that seeks to improve undergraduate biology education based on evidence of student learning, the Biology Scholars Program has gathered more than 260 Scholars to create and disseminate examples of scholarship in teaching in biology. These examples have been made possible through the program’s three residency programs — the Assessment, Research, and Transitions Residencies.
The yearlong Transitions Residency helps Scholars “transition” from conducting scholarly work in student learning to beginning the steps necessary for publication in biology and/or science education venues.
Download the official ASM Biology Scholars Program news release to learn more.
- 2020 Smithsonian Mason School of Conservation (SMSC) Slideshow January 29, 2020
- Event: Research Semester Poster Presentations November 11, 2019
- Spotlight: Pre-Med student receives prestigious Barry Goldwater scholarship; best student poster presentation award at 2019 VAS Annual Meeting May 29, 2019
- 2019 Awards Ceremony May 22, 2019
- ESP Graduate Students Are Awarded Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Fellowships April 26, 2019
- College of Science Scholarship Opportunities – Apply Now March 6, 2019